Next week, Chris and I will be trekking out to Portland, Oregon for the convergence that is known as OSCON (Open-Source Convention).
I’m speaking on day one at OSCON Data on Playful Explorations of Public and Personal Data. Open Data has become commonly available and the tools to connect it with our social media, travels, location, family, and even businesses are opening new insights. I’ll talk about a few fun projects we’re doing with GeoCommons as well as some really great community contributions that are delightful. I’ll also share some examples of how busineses are using open data to answer key business questions that weren’t possible before.
On Wednesday Chris is speaking about Open Geospatial Libraries for Ruby. We use a lot of open-source tools to build GeoIQ and integrate with other libraries. Chris will point out how developers can build their own maps, data sharing, and analysis quickly with some of these open-source tools.
If you’re at OSCON, or just in Portland in general, and you want to meetup – make sure to drop us a line to @ajturner or @cwhelm.
Welcome to the Esri DC Development Center blog. We write about features of our work on big data analytics, open platforms, and open data, what is new and exciting in the Esri and community, and general industry thought leadership and discussions of geospatial data visualization and analysis.
Please explore what we're working on and let us know if you have any questions or ideas!
- World Water Body Limits velasqj1
- Simplification of 'Códigos Postales de Murcia, Spain' by 1.0km tolerance adruvazher
- aaa firstname.lastname@example.org
- chinaprovince email@example.com
- CDC ,Persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Agona, US, January 1 to May 13, 2008. db1840
- Obesity in The United States rmustiph
- Tile Layer
- Dataset from 'Czech cities and population' with a 10km buffer
- Aggregation of crime95 into zones
- Result of percent change in population against Dataset from 'Bus; underground and railway stops in London' with a 100m buffer
- Dataset from 'Bus; underground and railway stops in London' with a 100m buffer
- Merge of 'Military Installations, Ranges, and Training Areas Points' into 'Garcia Date Place of Enlistment'